Thursday 28 October 2010

Aha an idea!

In June/July or somewhere around there, all of 3rd year do work experience. Some go off to the army, the police, the local primary schools or the solicitors. That’s all well and good but what if you want to do something a bit different? What if you want to do, I don’t know let’s say politics?

Well I would like to do politics and until recently it looked pretty certain that I would not be able to get the chance. Yet thanks to the excellent brains of Ms McVicar (all credits for this brilliant and obvious idea goes to her) we came up with a ground breaking solution.

How about I ask say Jim Hume (Lib Dem list MSP for the south of Scotland) to see if there was a work placement scheme? What a revolutionary Idea! I actually use the tongue nature gave me for good use instead of licking lollipops!

No but seriously, work placement is a great opportunity for teenagers to get a taste of working life and I really do hope I get in. All I need now is to find out who to contact. Wish me luck.

1 comment: